Child Development Homes
Choosing to become a Child Development Home Provider means you are choosing a career.
On or off-base, the Child Development Home (CDH) profession offers providers the opportunity to work in the their own home and care for their own children while, at the same time, caring for children of military families and earning a potential income of $7,500-$48,000 annually.
About Child Development Homes
CDH’s assist parents by providing child care services to support operational readiness, mission accomplishment and retention. CDH’s are often preferred by families because of the small group sizes, the home-like atmosphere and flexible hours of operation that centers often cannot accommodate. Anyone who lives in military housing and wishes to provide child care on a regular basis for more than ten hours a week must be certified by the Navy as a CDH provider. Anyone off base must be state registered or licensed, but can provide Navy child care by becoming Navy certified.
Why Become A CDH Provider?
Independent Work Environment – You work for yourself, in your own home.
- Being a CDH provider is a great source of income while saving you the expense of child care.
- USDA Child Care Food Program –potential reimbursement is $1,300-$7,800 annually.
- You can further your career by becoming a Nationally Accredited Provider; receive an additional $1,000-$6,000 annually.
- Toy and equipment lending library
- Low cost liability insurance
- On-site assistance and advice
- Free monthly training
- Free promotion, advertising, and referrals
- Direct cash and subsidy
- Wherever the Military move may take you, you will have skills in high demand ...caring for children!
- Certification is transferable, whether you live in Military housing or off-base.
Education and Training -
- Enhance your child-rearing skills
- CPR/First Aid training
- Child Development/ Early Childhood Education
- Participate in Military Home Accreditation program
Navy Child Development Home Program (CDH)
NAS, Pensacola, FL 32508
(850) 281-5368 / (850) 572-5026