Family-friendly movies and outings, special events, activities, and more!
NAS Whiting Field is currently at Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Charlie. MWR has modified in-person events and facility occupancy based upon the guidelines as set forth in HPCON “C” requirements.
- The Fitness Center will remain open to all patrons and mask are not mandated while working out; however we will limit capacity to no more than 60 persons at one time. Group Exercise classes are suspended, but the group exercise room will be open as an alternative place to work out.
- The Pool will remain open to all patrons, but limit swimming lanes to one person or one household. Masks do not need to be worn at the pool. Pool capacity is capped to 60 persons at a time.
- All MWR Food and Beverage facilities will resume “Take-Out” only.
- MWR will not host any groups in facilities that exceed the 25% occupancy rate.
- MWR may suspend some programs and events or revise them for the safety of the community. MWR will also begin to program additional virtual events as necessary.
The CNRSE All Hands update with additional information about the change and what it means depending on vaccination status can be found here: https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrse/om/covid19.html
Morale, Welfare and Recreation, abbreviated MWR, is a department within the Navy’s Fleet and Family Readiness Program, (N9) and part of the Navy’s base operating support network under the Commander, Naval Installation Command. The NAS Whiting Field MWR program is one of seventeen installation MWR programs within the Southeast Region and we report directly to the Commanding Officer of Naval Air Station Whiting Field.
We provide support and leisure services designed for use by U.S. military personnel (Active, Reserve, Retired), their families, and current DoD civilian employees. We manage Mission Essential, Community Support, and Business Activities and specialize in Fitness, Sports, Recreation, Food and Beverage operations, and Child & Youth programs.
Eligible Patrons include active duty Service Members, Department of Defense Civilian Employees, Retirees, and members of the National Guard or Reserve (18 years or older). Family Members of the above groups, 18 years or older with a military/Government ID card are also eligible.
Moves can be stressful. We’ve gathered some important information for you to ease the transition.
Use the directory to locate a facility’s building or phone number and the hours of operation.
Tell us how we’re doing. Rate your experience at our facilities.
Learn more about Fleet & Family Readiness Programs and services.
Have a question, comment or feedback on our website? Let us know.
Partner with Navy MWR to enhance events for our military community while gaining valuable promotional benefits for your business.
Join our team! Check out our current Fleet & Family Readiness job openings.
Stay in touch with updates on MWR holiday hours, facility closures and base-wide updates.
Each month MWR sends out an electronic newsletter providing you with events, activities, MWR highlights and more.